Friday 1 January 2016

Bow.. Wow.. Whoa!

Bow.. Wow.. Whoa!


I heard a lot of noise & saw fireworks yesternight and
wondered wazzup with these funny humans! 
.
I saw the sun dawn like any day today, but
didn't even see half of the yakking daily walkers! 
.
I said hi to the flower  dancing in wind  like any day today,
unnoticed as ever by busy drivers & riders! 
.
I went around looking for food like any day today &
found the same few benevolent ones feeding those like me! 
.
I saw cars, bikes & trucks speeding past like any day today,
not bothered about crushing me or my pals! 
.
I sighed & looked for shade to rest like any day today,
not knowing which tree will be chopped next! 
.
My day remains the same, like any other day, 
whether it was yesterday, today or tomorrow & 
I'm doing fine on just any day! 
.
My friends, feeders & stone pelters in neighbourhood
remain the same everyday & 
that too looks fine on just any day! 
.
I wonder how humans, living a joyless Life of routine, 
get together & make noise outside on only a few days 
but remain detached & indifferent on all other days! 
.
bow wow wow  bow wow how  bow wow whoa! 
.
~ Reminiscences of 1 of the 10 or so anonymous stray dogs living near JeyachandranNagar 6th Main Road, Pallikkaranai in Chennai, that remains thankful to the lady who walks her 2 beautiful 4-legged daughters (she calls the white one as Mylo & golden one as Maggy) every night & always feeds me & the neighborhood dogs at that time.
.
Be Joyful & Spread the Cheer 
@PrakashSwamy
.
P.S.1. Oh, that lady's name happens to be Chitra Prakash, who happens to be the (obviously) better half of PrakashSwamy, ahem, this poet!  
P.S.2. Swamy listened to that friendly neighbourhood 4-legged fella lament on New Year day (today) about the funny species called humans, after the noisy Happy New Year 2016 all night revelry in the apartments dotting the neighbourhood! 
.















Connect with Swamy | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Pinterest | Tumblr | Indiblogger
.

No comments:

Post a Comment